In November 2021, Blockless launched with the goal of creating a decentralized off-chain future by building the first modular execution layer for Web3. As we’re looking back at the first few months of Blockless, here is a recap of what we‘ve accomplished:
- P2P networking module. We built a networking module allowing P2P connection across all the nodes. The current product offering allows nodes to join the network permission. Upon joining the network, nodes can take developer functions to run and return results.
- Runime. A runtime environment was created to give a safe and controlled execution environment.
- Node policy. We’ve implemented a node selection and pricing policy for globally optimized network usage.
- Pre-seed Round. In March 2022, we’ve received support from angel investors ranging from general partners at crypto VCs to former c-level executives at Binance.
- Key hire. We made a key hire to lead our product and help bring our vision into reality. (An interview with him will be covered on the next article).
Plans for July
- Developer safe execution environment. This month we will introduce a developer safe execution environment in a binary format.
- Programming language support. We are working on AssemblyScript and Rust compatibility.
- Node selection policy improvement. After the node selection policy has been implemented, the team will start to conduct research and optimizations to improve user experience.
- Developer UX and UI. We are working simultaneously on the developer UX and UI for deploying functions and services on top of Blockless.
- SEO. We are actively looking for an SEO expert to join our team and help our website get noticed.
- Hiring. We are always looking for talents to join our team! Chat with us on Twitter and be part of the team!
We’re looking forward to an active July! Whether you’re new to Blockless or have been with us since day one, thank you for being here. We’re excited to continue building a decentralized off-chain ecosystem with you.
Want to get the latest updates on our roadmap? Have other ideas for Blockless? We want you to be a part of the community and would love to collaborate!